Safe boiler installations during Coronavirus
QUICK GUIDE OVERVIEW
Heating and hot water supplies remain a vital service, particularly for vulnerable groups. We want to help keep boiler replacements and boiler repairs possible and safe.
Our 4 step guide to safe home visits
1) BEFORE THE HOME VISIT
If possible to carry out the initial inspection via video survey - Facetime, Skype, Whatspp and Facebook all offer this facility - and arrange a time when a family member or friend can attend
2) GUIDANCE FOR INSTALLERS IN THE HOME
- Be trained in hand hygiene
- Wash hands on arrival and departure
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) - e.g. disposable overalls, shoe covers, gloves and masks – when attending the property
- Remove all PPE after attending the property and dispose of
- Wash all surfaces after use
- Keep all tools on the floor
- Wipe all door handles on the way out
- Limit the visit to the areas needed and not use the facilities on short visits
- Communicate with customers via a phone call whilst in the home/working on the appliance
3) GUIDANCE FOR CUSTOMERS IN THE HOME
- Stay in another room whilst the engineer is present
- Ask attending friend or family member to let the engineer in whilst maintaining social distancing measures
4) AFTER THE VISIT
- Provide a full report via phone, video call or email depending on preference.
- Arrange for further visits if necessary with family member or friend in attendance.