Who do you phone when you need to arrange a new boiler installation? Do you go with a national company, a local installer or do it all on-line? We thought we would cut through the industry fog and give you four clear options for arranging your new boiler installation based on industry operator. You can mix and match who to get a quote from and we’ll tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each. How else can we help? We give guidance on finding your Best Boiler, using an 'Approved Installer' and many other topics in our Information Hub. Ready to go? Try our online Boiler Quote Calculator.
Boiler Installation Guide | Get help arranging your new boiler
Overview of our four main industry operators:
How do you make a choice? It depends on your priorities.
Who you chose to install you boiler can depend on many variables:
- You like the sense of support you get from a national or regional company
- You like to use local businesses and support the local economy
- You think only big companies offer longer boiler warranties and/or finance
- You think using a sole trader will be cheaper
- You think bigger companies are more reliable
- You need a boiler installed tomorrow!
- You want to cover your boiler and heating system for breakdowns after its installed
All of these are important factors in your decision making, however it is rarely quite so black and white:
- All national, regional and some local companies have an office facility whereby you can always contact someone and get support
- Supporting local businesses is very important and many have invested in their businesses to operate like much larger businesses, such as using cloud-based job management software.
- Many local companies are now FCA registered and can now offer ways to spread the cost of a new boiler via a mainstream finance company
- Many local companies are ‘registered installers’ with the main boiler manufacturers – such as Vaillant, Worcester and Baxi. As such they have undergone training on their boilers and can offer long warranties to their customers, sometimes longer than the national and regional companies.
- Sole traders and local companies are often cheaper, although many regional and national entities have become more competitive in recent years.
- On line quote companies are installing boilers faster than ever. This might be important in the middle of winter, but for the rest of the year it’s still best to get three quotes from people coming into your home.