All new boilers come with a warranty, or sometimes a guarantee, from the boiler manufacturer. This means that if you experience a genuine fault with the boiler during the 'warranty period', the manufacturer will repair the boiler free of charge. The warranty period will vary from 2 years to 10 years. The length of the warranty period has a big impact on your long term maintenance costs; particularly as the likelihood of faults occurring increases as the boiler gets older. We review warranties from 9 mainstream manufacturers, including Worcester and Ideal, to see who offers long term value. If you need more detail on who offers the best all round boiler package, then try our Guide to Buying the Best Boiler.
Boiler Warranties & Guarantees | A Guide to Good Value
Overview of Boiler Warranties and Guarantees
What is the difference between a warranty and guarantee
A guarantee improves your consumer rights
Who offers great boiler cover?
10 years of cover available from Ideal, Vaillant, Baxi, Worcester and Viessmann. Guarantees available from Worcester, Vaillant and Glow Worm
Who offers the best boiler package?
Read our Guide to Buying the Best Boiler to find out who offers the best warranty for the best price.
Read our top tips to securing your extended boiler warranty
We explain boiler registration, annual servicing and other requirements
- Ensure the Benchmark form is completed and on site (located in the back of the user manual)
- Ensure there is safe access to the boiler - e.g. fixed loft ladder and light if situated in the loft
- Register the boiler within 30 days of installation or check your installer has done it
- For extended warranties you may have to use an Accredited Installer.
- Have the boiler serviced annually and keep the documentation on site
- Be sure the fault is a genuine manufacturing issue by ringing the manufacturer's help line - you will be charged for a call out if not.
- To avoid additional charges, make sure you are home when the engineer attends and the Benchmark and servicing documentation is on site and completed.
Only Worcester Bosch, Vaillant and Glow Worm currently offer a Guarantee