Guide to Worcester Heating Controls
The Worcester Wave like many heating programmers on the market that can control your boiler from your smart phone.
An additional feature on the Worcester Wave is weather compensation and load control. This takes data from a local weather station near to you (Chatham, Maidstone, Gravesend and so on) to increase the efficiency of the boiler’s operation.
What is Weather Compensation?
Weather compensation traditionally involves a temperature sensor on the outside of a property linked to the internal programmer/thermostat. The sensor is able to forewarn the boiler of a change in outside air temperature in order for the boiler to reduce or increase its output before the internal temperature changes. This leads to less ‘cycling’ (the boiler coming on and off) and more efficient periods of operation.
How does the Wave work?
The Worcester Wave uses data from the local weather station to inform your heating system of a change in temperature. This is equally accurate and leads to a more straightforward installation with fewer parts to go wrong.
Where is my nearest Weather Station?
Weather stations are dotted all over Kent. For our customers in Medway (Chatham, Gillingham, Rochester, Rainham and Strood) the nearest station is East Malling. For Maidstone it is East Malling or Frittenden. For Gravesend and Dartford it is Gravesend.
The proximity of the weather station to your property means that accurate local data is sent to the unit and used to improve the efficiency of your heating system.
More about the Worcester Wave:
- The wave comes with a 7-10 year guarantee when fitted at the same time as a Worcester boiler and Greenstar magnetic filter.
- The Wave is simple to install and requires an internet connection.
- The Wave can be accessed by up to 8 devices.
- If you lose your device or internet connection it can be access manually.
- The app can be downloaded for free from itunes store and Google Play Store.
- Data is stored on the Wave itself and not held remotely by any third parties.
Call to find out more about the Worcester Wave or please fill our our contact form and we will get back to you.